Barista Course Near Me
Barista Course Australia is part of Skills Training College, which is a privately owned Registered Training Organisation (RTO #45654 | CRICOS #03884A). Skills Training College provide nationally accredited training in a range of areas.
Same-day certification (conditions apply)
Nationally recognised barista qualifications
Nationally recognised food safety certification included in our Barista Pro Course
Learn with professional baristas who are experienced in all aspects of the coffee trade.
Do not miss out. Sign up with us today!
Locations and Venues
There’s a Barista Course Australia venue sure to be near you, we have locations Australia-Wide.
Adelaide, South AustraliaWe offer a central CBD location to conveniently complete your training. Getting certified is easy and quick, and you can take home your certificate the same day!
We have multiple locations in Queensland. We offer a central CBD location in Brisbane City to complete your training conveniently. Join us today and be certified.
Sunshine Coast – Mooloolaba QueenslandWe offer courses in Sunshine Coast. The facility is located at Mooloolaba. Ocean canal view of the area and easy parking.
Gold Coast – Southport
The Gold Coast training venue is located in Southport. It is easy to access via public transport and plenty of parking.
What Is A Barista Course
The barista training course SITHFAB025 Prepare and serve espresso coffee & SITXFSA005 Use hygienic practices for food safety includes a whole unit dedicated to ensuring you follow the best hygienic practices for food safety. These are just some of the things you’ll learn:
- Essentials of food hygiene
Procedures for safe food handling
- Identifying unsafe practices & food hazards
- Reporting requirements
- How to prevent cross-contamination of food
Not only will you learn how to make the perfect cup of coffee, but you will know the best ways to make it in a busy working environment.
Students taking part in STC’s professional barista course will be trained in various areas, including:
- Professionally frothing milk
- Making espresso, including correct grinding and dosing
- Creating 12 different types of café style coffee
- Using different types of milk when making coffee
- Cleaning and maintenance of coffee machines and other equipment
Barista Course Steps
Using Coffee Making Equipment
- Operating a grinder
- Enhancing flavours by adjusting grinds and size of dose
- Details of espresso extraction such as filter selection, tampers, brew ratios and creating crema
- Adjusting flavour and intensity
- Using a steam wand to froth different types of milk
- How to make all sorts of coffee including flat white, latte, espresso, long black, cappuccino, piccolo latte, ristretto and mocha.
Presenting a Cup of Coffee
- Presentation standards
- Milk pouring techniques for an attractive finish
Cleaning & Maintaining Espresso Coffee Equipment
- Purging and flushing the steam wand
- Fixing common faults
- General maintenance
- Calibrating the machine
Barista Course Everywhere
Doing one of our professional barista coffee courses will give you the expertise and experience you need to serve café-quality coffee in a restaurant, bar, diner, café, or other retail food outlet using commercial coffee equipment. The course is available in different locations Australia Wide.
Adelaide (SA), Brisbane (QLD), Sunshine Coast (QLD) and the Gold Coast (QLD).
The course will teach you all the skills you need to make professional-grade coffee products in a group or workplace setting – guided by an expert barista with years of experience. You’ll learn in a supportive group environment with plenty of opportunities to ask questions and practice skills.
Nationally Recognised Barista Training 5 hrs $149.00 – Barista Pro
How To Book Barista Course
It’s never been easier than before to patriciate in a course!
- Choose your course from the menu
- Select your prefered training location
- Pick the date that fits your schedule
- Receive successful registration email
Shortly after you have successful registered your course, you will be sent an email with instructions and your login details.
We also offer other courses such as First Aid, Security Training, White Card at Skills Training College.