BARISTA COURSE LOGAN
SAME DAY CERTIFICATE
Our Barista Course Logan Includes:
- SITHFAB025 – Prepare and serve espresso coffee
- SITXFSA005 – Use hygienic practices for food safety
Unit 9 / 84 Wembley Road Logan Central, QLD, 4114
There is a range of parking on offer in and around the venue.
All our available Logan Barista Courses
Logan Barista Course:
With our barista course in Logan, you will acquire the skills and knowledge necessary to begin a successful career as a qualified barista.
Our training program offers practical training that includes nationally recognised certification.
To ensure students receive an enjoyable and informative learning experience, we keep the following:
- Smaller class sizes.
- More direct, one-to-one training time with your instructor.
- Accessibility to a full selection of barista tools and equipment- coffee grinders and espresso machines.
Areas covered by our Logan Barista Training are:
Barista Course is committed to providing training sessions in an open, inclusive and friendly environment.
Our expert baristas will teach you the skills to work in the coffee industry and create a perfect espresso shot.
Some of the areas covered by our Logan Barista Course are:
- Upholding hygiene standards when handling food
- Safe food preparation
- Recognising food preparation hazards
- Preventing food contamination
- Setting up and organising your workstation to allow quick café service (even during busy times)
- Familiarity with common beans, blends and roasts, and how to select them
- Emphasizing on milk frothing and latte art
- Safe and effective storage of coffee beans and grinds
- How to find and put away coffee-making equipment and accessories in a shared work area
- Using grind and dose to adjust coffee flavour
- The importance of using fresh coffee
- Understanding the mechanism of espresso extraction, and fundamentals of filters, brew ratios, tampers, dosing, and the crema
- How to choose the right group handle
- Ensuring product quality and tailoring flavour, taste and intensity for your customers
- How to work with milk and make use of steaming, texturing, and milk varieties to create microfoam
- Making the standard items on the barista menu, including flat white, espresso, long black, mocha, latte, cappuccino, piccolo latte and ristretto
- espresso coffee machine care
- Programming the keypads of your espresso machine to give the right shot size for various drinks
- Choosing the appropriate serving cup for specific drinks
- Adjusting the pressure and temperature of an espresso machine
- Advising a customer in selecting a beverage
- Professional standard cupping and coffee presentation including latte art and milk texturing
- Barista-style milk pouring techniques, including dragging, pushing and wiggling
- Flushing the head, purging the steam wand, and leaving your workstation in a clean state
- Common barista equipment faults and how to troubleshoot them
- Maintenance and service of coffee-making equipment
- Getting your coffee machinery correctly calibrated (and keeping it that way)
We are Australia’s leading Barista School; our Barista Pro Course teaches students the essentials of making coffee and provides the knowledge needed to begin a successful career in the field.
Who this course is for:
Completing our coffee training will earn you a statement of attainment, confirming you have learned nationally-recognised practices from an Australian Barista School.
SITHFAB025 – Prepare and serve espresso coffee
SITXFSA005 – Use hygienic practices for food safety to seek employment as a barista.
These courses are ideal for people who love coffee and want to expand their barista skills
What to wear
While our barista course in Logan does not have rigid dress requirements, we recommend that students wear neat casual attire that allows for comfortable movement.
It is important to wear clothing that allows you to use barista equipment during practical training easily.
However, we do have one dress requirement for the safety and well-being of all students: closed-toed shoes must be worn at all times.
This is a requirement of the Australian health and safety guidelines.
By complying with these recommendations, you can focus on learning and mastering the art of being a barista without any safety concerns.
We offer group bookings for large gatherings of people wanting to take our Logan Barista Course. Contact us to register your group and maximise our discounts.
Rearranging your course date is allowed up to three times but requires a $10 rescheduling fee.
Should you need to cancel, please notify us before the start of your course to be eligible for a 50% refund.
Alternatively, if you provide 48 hours notice, you can claim a full refund after deducting a $22 cancellation fee.
Refunds are no longer available once the training has begun, and you will be listed as “not attending.”
You must re-book your course if you still wish to participate in our training.
Statement of Attainment
Students will be awarded a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment upon completing the course.
This statement demonstrates that you have passed comprehensive training and assessment in the units of competency SITHFAB025 – Prepare and serve espresso coffee and SITXFSA005 – Use hygienic practices for food safety.
These units of competency are fundamental for anyone desiring to work as a barista.
The Statement of Attainment is a valuable credential, displaying your skills and knowledge in these core areas of coffee making.
Same day certificate
After completing the Logan Barista Course, you can expect to receive your digital certificates within 24 hours.
These certificates will be emailed to you and are available for download.
Courses available every day
Our Logan Barista Course runs during the week and on weekends – giving you ample time to select a course that suits your schedule.
You will learn barista skills on a two-group Italian Espresso Machine, a tool most experienced coffee shops own.
In our Logan coffee courses, we prioritise practical learning rather than relying on dull PowerPoint or training videos.
Following a brief demonstration, you will learn how to create excellent coffee.
Our skilled trainers will monitor and guide you throughout the training session.
Trained by expert baristas
To learn more about the course material or the art of making coffee, please ask our expert trainers.
They are highly qualified, with years of first-hand barista experience and knowledge.
During the course, you must complete a brief online assessment at home.
However, most of your assessment will occur in a hands-on manner within the classroom.
Your experienced assessor will closely observe as you demonstrate your newly acquired skills
Unique Student Identifier (USI)
It is essential to have a valid Unique Student Identifier (USI) if you want to complete our course.
The USI is a government-issued number that collects your training and education records.
Suppose you need clarification on getting a USI or need to apply for one. In that case, you can find more information on the government website and complete the online application process.
A USI is a requirement for enrollment, ensuring that your training achievements are documented accurately for future reference and recognition.
Students with special health requirements
We are an inclusive Barista School and encourage students to let us know about any special health requirements.
Please contact us over the phone at (08) 8317 5113 or email at [email protected], and we will accommodate your needs.
To ensure students feel heard and our courses consistently improve, we encourage you to send us feedback after completing your course.
You can call (08) 8317 5113 or email us [email protected] to discuss your Logan Barista course experience further.
Accessing your student record
You can view your student record by lodging a written request to STC.
We ask students with any symptoms of contagious illnesses, such as a sore throat, coughing, or shortness of breath, to let us know and book for a later time.